- About Costa Rica
- Central America's success history.
- Politically stable since the 19th Century.
- Large agricultural sector.
- Expanding economy.
- Strong technology and tourism industries.
- Good standard of living.
- Widespread Land ownership.
- High literacy (96+%).
- Very reasonable wages.
Costa Rica's Map
Go to Top
- The Costa Rican gold belt is located in the north-western part of the country.
- The geology of this region is characterized by tectonically juxtaposed, volcanic sedimentary and igneous rock units of tertiary age.
- Mineralization within the Gold Belt consists of:
1- Veins and fissure fillings of ephithermal type which bear gold, silver and base metal;
2- Disseminated mineralization of complex sulphides (Au, Ag, Pb, Zn);
3- Alluvial Au (gold) rich latheric soils.